Monday, June 6, 2016

Soleil's Playlist

I still have days when I feel life is so unfair,
Losing a child is something no parent should have to bear.
As school children sing holiday songs and have a Merry Christmas,
I lay down listening to my baby's memorial playlist.
Diamond Rio starts singing it best, "I simply wished, for one more day with you"
I would set my plans aside and ask what you would want to do.
Whether playing with dolls, cars, laughing, or having tea with pies,
Martina McBride is playing next and "I see who I want to be in my daughter's eyes".
Just then, Tristen walks through the door and hands you a beautiful little ring,
You two dance as Garth Brooks sings, "Holding you I held everything, For a moment wasn't I a King".
As your big brother picks you up and hugs you in his arms, enjoying this moment oh sublime,
Alicia Keys so softly sings, "Every time you hold me, hold me like this is the last time".
Setting you back down, your brothers and Sade promise, "When you're low, I'll be there by your side baby",
Not only on this day, but this is something they let you know daily.
As I look at you, I am in awe and amazed at who I see,
In the background Ray Charles sings, "You are so beautiful to me".
As day turns to night, I enjoy the twirls, your laughs, your beautiful hair curled,
Louis Armstrong comes in with perfect timing, "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world".
What tomorrow may bring, "I can only imagine" sings Mercy Me,
I'm thankful for spending the day with my little sweet pea.
"Good night my angel now it's time to dream, and dream how wonderful your life will be"
Together with Billy Joel we continue, "In your heart there will always be a part of me".
As you fall asleep, Sara Hickman and Mommy are quietly there to finish the day,
"You'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my Sunshine away...."
I realize it was all a daydream, while Eric Clapton ends the playlist at song eleven,
"I must be strong and carry on, cause I know I don't belong Here in Heaven......."

No comments:

Post a Comment