Monday, June 6, 2016

I am not

I am not strong.
Strong is the infant who is fighting to stay alive with all odds stacked up against him.

I am not courageous.
Courageous is the newborn who lived when the doctors said she wouldn't.

I am not brave.
Brave is the baby who came into this world knowing they wouldn't be here long.

I am a mother.
Here to bring love, comfort, and a gentle touch to that child who can not stay.

I am human.
I will cry as I see you struggle and take your last breath, wishing you could stay one more day. 

I am heartbroken.
A piece of my heart will always be missing, until we are together again.

I promise to do everything possible to make you proud of who I am, of who I've grown to become.

I promise to not let your memory fade, everyone will know how deeply you've touched my heart.

I promise to not give up, there is nothing else that will be as hard as it was to let you go.

You are my inspiration, my baby, my angel, my Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment